Being the national Air Carrier of India, Air India retains a special attention among the Airlines operating in India. The Air India has passed through a glorious career of being one of the most successful commercial airlines of India. Started its voyage from the period of pre-independence era, this national carrier offers a charming opportunity for everyone who loves the hospitality in a ‘Maharaja’ way!
Air India is the first airlines of the world having a fleet of 100% jet propelled airliner. It was during the period of June 1962, when this status was conferred to Air India. Although this national airline of India retained its present name during the year 2010, still the charm of ‘Maharaja’ class travel with a fleet of Boing-747 and Boing-737 hardly could be forgotten by the passengers on-board. Also in the segment of passenger class Airbus A310-300 air travel Air India is the largest among the operators in the whole world.
Career with Air India:
Although passed through a phase of economic turmoil and later supported by the union Government of India with a massive bail-out package, still the Air India offers a charming career opportune for the deserving mass. Be it as a pilot, or as a ground duty staff, or even as a technician/ Aircraft Maintenance Engineer or as a Airport support staff, in all segments of operation Air India offers the best of the service packages with excellent career option. With the branding of government of India job, this adds to the passion among the youth for a successful career in Air India.
With the recent initiative from the Air India to icing to the career of deserving mass, there has been an announcement to induct Trainees in the year 2013 for the Commercial Department of Air India at Chennai Airport. The selection will be made through a walk-in interview for which schedules have been prepared.
The details of the vacancies and the criteria of eligibility are mentioned as under:
Name of the positions declared vacant: Trainees in Commercial Department
Job Location: Chennai Airport
Date for Walk-in: On 10th April, or 11th April or 12th April 2013 from 0900 hours till 1500 hours
Venue of the Walk-in:
Office of General Manager (Personnel)
Air India Limited
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
GST Road, (near Meenambakkam Railway Station), Meenambakkam
Chennai – 600 027
(Opp. to Honda Showroom in GST Road, Meenambakkam)
Ph : 044 – 2256 1971 Extn: 4018, 4026
Fax : 044-2256 0601
Duration of Training: 1 year from the date of joining
Requisite Educational Qualification:
- The applicants must have secured a graduation in any discipline
- The applicants must have a Diploma in Airlines Ticketing Course as per the schedules of IATA/UFTAA (OR) The applicant must have previous experience at an Airport/ Airlines in employee/ trainee profile
- First 6 months: Rs.6000 per month
- Last 6 months: Rs.7000 per month (Rs.6000 per month will be given each month and remaining full balance of Rs.6000 will be delivered to deserving candidates upon successful completion of the 12th month of training)
The candidates need to come with the following documents to appear the walk-in:
- Complete and recent Bio-Data
- Passport size photographs
- All Original Certificates
- (Along with 1 set of photocopy) in respect of age, qualifications (from 10th Standard onwards)
- Degree/ Diploma Certificate a mentioned above and experience certificate as applicable, etc.
Completion Certificate and Future:
- Completion certificate will be offered to candidates who complete the full duration of training
- The Candidates will have no claim or preference in the matter of employment in Air India Limited, on the basis of this training.