The Territorial Army in India (TA) is an organization of volunteers who receive military training for a few days in a year so that in case of an emergency they can be mobilized for the defense of the country. It is a second line of defense after the Regular Indian Army. Indian Territorial Army is not a profession, occupation or a source of employment. It is only meant for those people who are already in mainstay civilian professions, in fact, gainful employment or self-employment in a civil profession is a pre-requisite for joining the Territorial Army.
With the recent initiative from the 116 Infantry Battalion (TA), there is an announcement to recruit candidates in the positions of Soldier (General Duty), Clerks, House Keeper (Safaiwala) and Black Smith.
The details of the application and eligibility criteria along with the selection procedure are mentioned underneath:
- Starting Date of Recruitment Drive: 24-Sept-2013
- Final Date for Recruitment Drive: 29-Sept-2013
Details of Rally:
- Time to report at Venue of Recruitment Drive: 0900 Hours till 1300 Hours
- Venue of the Rally: Temple Hill, Khanderao Mandir, Dhondy Road, Devlali Camp, Nashik, Maharashtra
Schedule of Rally:
- 24-Sept-2013: 10th Standard Pass candidates
- 25-Sept-2013: 12th Standard Pass candidates
- 26-Sept-2013: Diploma holders and Clerks
- 27-Sept-2013: Tradesman & Clerks
- 28 & 29-Sept-2013: Graduates, Post-Graduates and Above 30 years of age
Who can Apply:
Domicile Nativity: The candidates interested for these positions must be natives of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Tamil Nadu, Rajasthan, Kerala, Maharashtra, Karnataka, UT of Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Goa, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry.
Is this Job relevant to you? If Yes, please read the full advertisement carefully, and Apply for this Job. If No, You may would like to Explore ALL the Latest Sarkari Naukri Notification.
- Soldiers (General Duty): An applicant must have passed 10th standard with 45% marks and 33% in each subject. Candidates having qualification above 10th Standard need not comply 45% criteria.
- Clerks: An applicant must have passed 10+2 (intermediate) standard with 50% marks and 40% in each subject. Candidates having proficiency in Computer Application, Networking, Typing, Shorthand and Office Management will be given preference.
- House Keeper (Safaiwala): The applicant must have passed 8th standard and should possess proficiency in the Trade.
- Black Smith: The candidates should have passed 10th Standard and should have got proficiency in the Trade
- Note: Higher Qualification such as Graduation/ Post-Graduation/ ITI/ Diploma/ Outstanding Sportsman/ NCC A, B, C Certificate holders will be provided additional preference and additional weightage during selection.
- The candidates applying for these posts in the 116 Infantry Battalion (TA) Para should be in between 18-42 years of age on the date of recruitment rally. Candidates in between 18-21 years have to submit an Unmarried declaration from the competent authorities (Sarpanch, Gram Panchyat etc)
Pay & Other Facilities:
The candidates selected for these posts may be posted anywhere in Indian under 116 Inf. Bat. TA – Para as per the following provisions
- During Probation Period of 1 month: Rs.5700
- After Probation: Rs.5200 + Rs.2000 (MSP) + Grade Pay of Rs.2000 + DA (@80%) + Rs.1000 (Parachute Pay once selected)
Promotion Prospects are as follows:
- Ptr: Rs.6460 + Rs.2000 (MSP) + Grade Pay of Rs.2000 + DA (@80%) + Rs.1000 (Parachute Pay once selected)
- Havildar: Rs.8560 + Rs.2000 (MSP) + Grade Pay of Rs.2800 + DA (@80%) + Rs.1000 (Parachute Pay once selected)
- Naib Subedar: Rs.9300 + Rs.2000 (MSP) + Grade Pay of Rs.4200 + DA (@80%) + Rs.1000 (Parachute Pay once selected)
- Apart from these CSD, Ration, Medical Facilities and other facilities will be applicable as per norms
The selection of aspirants will be done on a national merit basis as per the discretion of the Selection Committee on the rally Ground.
Terms of Recruitment:
- Candidates currently employed should provide a NOC from their employer
- Recruit Training: The candidates once selected will have to attend 1 month Recruitment Training and 9 Months Advanced Training at the Parachute Regiment Training Center at Bangalore and thereafter disembodied till the fresh vacancies are announced
- Annual Training Camp: The candidates will be called for 2 months of Annual Training each year and thereafter disembodied
- Rule 33 under TA Act, 1948: During emergency or on requirement, these candidates will be called for Military Service alongside Army during war and peace to assist Civil Administration during natural calamities and any such circumstances.
How to Apply:
- The applicants need to register at the time and venue at the scheduled date for selection
- They need to ensure that they have the following documents during appearing in the venue
- Original and one attested copy of Matriculation certificate.
- Original and one attested copy of 10+2 / equivalent examination mark sheet and certificate .
- Original and one attested copy of NCC certificates, if any.
- Original and one attested photocopy of Domicile Certificate.
- Recent color pass port size photographs